Friday, February 26, 2010

New Figures: Reaper, Dwarven Forge, and others

Here's pictures of a couple of figures I painted last night.

The armored lady is Reaper's undead hunter, a figure I got because I loved the pose - very dynamic - and the flames on the sword so much. I feel like I did a good job, but of course my camera doesn't capture it.



And here's one of her backside, since we all love a lady's backside.  Seriously though, I like this figure because she's in full armor instead of a chainmail bikini.  Another part of me is happy that they left a generous amount of cleavage showing through a low neckline on the breastplate.  I'm complicated like that.



The spider is another Reaper figure, and the paintjob on it was pretty perfunctory.  Sometimes it's nice to not care too much how a figure turns out.  I just need painted spiders to throw at the players every so often.  Now my monster collection is that much closer to being complete!



The third guy is some type of space-centurion one of my friends gave me.  Not sure who made him.  I'm having fun painting him blue-green and purple with white details.  He just has his base coat and a blackwash on him at this point.


I also received a box from Dwarven Forge last night, and we used the dungeon furniture I got in the game. I was suprised at how quickly the figures arrived. I also got a whole mess of pre-painted skeletons for half price. Not bad!  I really like how the archers have real string for their bowstrings.  It gives them a nice texture that you don't usually see in archer minis, and of course they came pre-painted which I appreciate in large mobs like this.  Also, they are cast from a nice hard plastic and so aren't deformed or bent like Reaper's pre-painted plastic figures or Wizard's D&D minis.  I'm sure it means they will break instead :)

 Click thumbnail for larger image.

You can see our party enjoying a meal at a table in the background - all the furniture and food are from Dwarven Froge's dungeon & tavern furniture sets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.